It is vital for you have the kit listed below for all our hikes and that it is in good working condition. Failure to have the kit may put you and others at risk. In our terms we refer to this as ‘mandatory kit’. If you are unsure whether you have the right kit, then please get in touch with us before booking your hike.
Clothes & Shoes
- Hat – One for warmth and one for sun
- Gloves – and you might want to bring a couple of pairs if wet weather is forecast
- Comfortable, thick walking socks
- Base Layer/T-shirt – not cotton
- Comfortable walking trousers – no jeans
- Fleece layer/jacket
- Spare warm layer in rucksack
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof trousers
- Rucksack – at least 25 litres
- Rucksack cover/liner (or bin bag) – to keep rain out and your items dry.
- Sturdy, comfy walking boots with ankle support
- Sun Protection
Food and drink
- Pack lunch/snacks/sweets
- At least two litres of water
- Bring your medication!
- Trekking poles
- Mobile Phone
- First Aid Kit – personal blister protection, personal medication, painkillers, plasters